The company history
RCGames Co., Ltd. was founded in 2015 with the aim of developing, producing and selling our own original tabletop games, namely sports board games. The founder of the company is former biker Roman Cermak who has vast experience in sports:
- represented Czechoslovakia in cycling (1981 – 1989)
- seven-fold Czechoslovak champion in track cycling disciplines (1982 – 1988)
- annual participation in World Championships and World Cups
- holder of the Czechoslovak 1-hour track cycling record (1986),
- finished 13th at the Seoul Olympic Games (1988).
- founded the CS MTB Team company, focusing on organization of sports events (1993)
- professional Ceska sporitelna MTB Team manager (1993 – 2014)
- founder and organizer of the international Prague Steps bike race (1993 – 2014)
- founder and organizer of one of the largest bike race series for the public Kolo pro Zivot (2000 – 2014)
- in 2014 he successfully sold the CS MTB Team company to create a financial and organizational base for the newly established RCGames Co., Ltd.
The RCGames team
Roman Cermak: development, testing, design and production of games
Martina Ptakova: marketing and advertising, sales, special offers for companies interested in games as business gifts and promotional items
Zora Cermákova: public relations and communication
Our vision – NO FANTASY, JUST REALITY
Our goal is to create table-top games, namely sports themed board games, with the following properties:
high degree of authenticity, copying the rules and principles of each sport as closely as possible
own, novel game mechanism based on original historic features
utilization of modern on-line technologies for game accessories while maintaining the essence of board-game playing (mobile applications, elements of augmented reality) with the aim of achieving a high level of authenticity and real-life experience
superior product quality, giving priority to local producers
Sports themed board games
Sports themed board games are sorely lacking on today’s market. And why is that? It is not exactly easy to incorporate authentic sports rules into a game mechanism. We are making use of our experience from the real world of sport and transferring it into our games.
We have set out to combine classical board games with new technologies that can facilitate play and help players immerse into the sports atmosphere, likewise allowing them to com-municate and share their exciting moments with others. In order to do that we develop a mo-bile app as an accessory to each game. However, we most certainly do not wish to spoil the magic of board games, which have always been based on immediate personal interaction, shared excitement, lively communication and enthusiasm, ability to control pawns and their moves on the game board. The apps will always remain an optional accessory and helper.